Saturday, October 6, 2012

Throne of Glass

I believe I've mentioned it in the past, but back when I was just a munchkin, I was obsessed with fantasy novels. You can thank Tamora Pierce for that. Of course, I have widened my spectrum since then, but I do love me a good fantasy novel. Throne of Glass is a good fantasy novel.

7896527
Retrieved from Goodreads
Celaena Sardothien was the empire's most renowned assassin before she was betrayed and sent to die in a salt mine. That is, until she is sought out by the Crown Prince and his Captain of the Guard to compete for the title of King's Champion. Along the way Celaena develops a strange attachment to both of the men who saved her. They help her train for the trials she must endure, and help her keep her sanity. But meanwhile, her competitors are dying off one by one. Celaena needs to discover who is murdering the kingdom's best assassins, or risk being the next victim herself.

That I loved: The banter. Especially between Celaena and the Captain of the Guard, Chaol. Also, the friendship between her and the princess of one of the conquered kingdoms, who knows more than she seems to about the banished magic.

Other: I thought it could use some trimming. Not much, just here  and there. More filling out of the character who wants to sabotage Celaena because she wants the crown. For playing such a key role, I didn't know much about her. And finally, more dialogue on the part of the two men in their personal scenes. Most of it was internal narrative.

Overall, would definitely recommend to anyone who loves fantasy and a sassy heroine.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment