Friday, October 26, 2012

Bucket Lists and Star Wars

Last night, on the first night I've allowed myself to completely relax in a while, I finally got around to watching  Star Wars (Episode IV: New Hope). I've been trying to get through movies when I've been home from school, which hasn't been much this year. But I know, as a proclaimed geek/nerd, I needed to see this movie.

Loved it. Han Solo, Leah, Luke, all of it. And in particular there was one part that I identified with very closely. The scene on Tatooine when Luke walks of his igloo-house thing and looks up at the sky and you can just tell he wants to be anywhere else in the world. See things, experience another place. Kinda corny, I'll admit, but it resonated with me.

I've had that feeling before. I love to travel, experience things, do things that scare the daylights out of me. My bucket list is 5 pages long. Funny how a movie would remind me how much I want to travel and do. Tonight it's Episode V.

NaNoWriMo is also coming up, so I'll be posting my progress more frequently!

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe you're only just watching Star Wars! Seems like someone would've pushed it on you much sooner than this. ;) They are great movies, at least the original three. The new three are okay in some aspects, bad in others.

    I like that you connected with that quiet moment of Luke's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Seabrooke! It's kind of cool to hear from someone who's reacting to those scenes for the first time. I've loved 'em since I was little. They're some of the best! Glad you're enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw parts of it as a kid when visiting relatives, but at the time I preferred to go play with my cousins :) But I'm liking them!

    ReplyDelete