Monday, September 24, 2012

Summing it Up

Well, I did it! I finished my Summer Reading Project on the very last day. The last book? Eon by Alison Goodman (review to come tomorrow). This summer I set out to read 34 books. And I did it. Using my spare time on my days off from work, my lunch breaks, car rides, and even before falling asleep in my dorm room, I did it.

It's been amazing. I've gone through fantasy, paranormal, science fiction, dystopian, historical romance, contemporary teen lit, classics, and I can't honestly say I had a favorite book. Some certainly stand out, though, the ones I would very highly recommend, and here they are:

Retrieved from
http://tinyurl.com/7gggxxd
Legend by Marie Lu (dystopian), Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (paranormal fantasy), The Selection by Kiera Cass (dystopian romance), and The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (egyptian fantasy). Either because they were edgy, funny, exhilarating, or mind-boggling, these books sparked my interest in their sequels, some of which have not yet been released. Humph.

It's been a great ride, and my eyesight is now three times worse than it used to be. Oh well! Time to pick up the next book.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a big achievement. I've barely done any reading this last month but really want to get back into the groove. Legend has been one of my favourites this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Rest assured, this sort of progress is probably a one time thing

    ReplyDelete