Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Million Suns

I read Across the Universe by Beth Revis earlier this summer, and if I recall correctly I praised the writing style, but thought the book could have been a bit shorter. My comments are similar regarding the sequel.

10345927
Retrieved from Goodreads
A Million Suns starts up three months after Amy was unplugged. Now she's struggling with being the only "different" person aboard Godspeed, and her lack of choices. Things heat up when she discovers a trail of clues her enemy left her from beyond his icy tomb. Clues that could reveal what's truly wrong with Godspeed, and why they haven't reached the new planet yet. Meanwhile, Elder is trying to take over the post of leader of the ship, which meets with resistance from the newly drug-free residents. Elder must decide if he can rule without the mellowing drugs, or if he's capable of ruling at all.

I read the majority of this book in one day, thanks to a very minor "surgery" I had which involved stitches. I'm not supposed to exert myself, especially not within the first 24 hours following the procedure. So I laid in bed watching The Big Bang Theory and reading this book. There's a bit of a lag in the middle, and I found some parts repetitive. But there was suitable tension and it was definitely not a sophomore slump. I really want to read the final installment, and will be following Revis' blog for updates on its release.

Goodreads Rating: 4 Stars
Next Up: Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

No comments:

Post a Comment