Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Thoroughly Planned SNI

The minute I finished off the first draft of Balancing Act, I was wondering what my next project should be. I have a list of book ideas, some more fleshed out than others. But it wasn't until I had a dream (cliche, I know) that I knew what was next.

Jane Rossi has been known as Plain Jane since she was a child. All of her appeal is in her mind. Jane is a telekinetic who has no idea how she got her powers. She can move objects, and even change them a bit. But her mother tells her no one can know. But Jane slips, and she comes to the attention of Alistair Montgomery, a distinguished gentleman who wants her to use her powers to fix his son Brian's eyesight. She does.

Two years later Jane's mother is keeping her under house arrest as a crime wave sweeps through their native Manhattan. But no regular walls can keep Jane inside. She sneaks out and runs smack dab into the criminals. And Brian is one of them. And he has X-Ray vision. Jane had accidentally created the first superhero, and he is now a criminal.

I spent weeks researching and plotting this thing out. I have the powers of each character restrained and fleshed out. The first book has a general outline for me to follow, and I have my explanation and back stories for everyone. I even have a small idea of what happens in the sequels. Now I just need to write it.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. This sounds so awesome! I'm a total sucker for superpowers and special abilities. Good luck! Can't wait to start reading it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I'm glad you approve! It's been so much fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete