Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Two Towers

I definitely enjoyed The Fellowship of the Ring more, but this is a good sequel. It fleshed out some of the minor characters, and there were fewer songs. And Ents are awesome! Huge tree people? Yeah. Awesome.  I started The Return of the King as soon as I finished off this book, and have focused on it more than the other book I was planning on reading - Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. That will be next. Pippin is a very funny hobbit, and I enjoyed the delving into the psychosis of Gollum. Although it was probably something I shouldn't have read over breakfast...

Okay, looking back at this post I can tell I'm tired. It's the busiest week of the year at work, so you'll have to forgive me. I'll have some non-review posts for you soon, probably about my first pass of revisions on Balancing Act.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is a good one, and if you are in any way nerdy you should read them.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment