Friday, August 24, 2012

Supernaturally

I read Kiersten White's Paranormalcy back in June when I was in New York. I had just finished my freshman year of college, was in the Big Apple for the first time, and seriously exhausted from finals. I enjoyed Paranormalcy because it was cute and quirky and it brought a unique perspective to the paranormal romance scene. I haven't read much paranormal, but I loved the elemental aspects of that novel because I hadn't seen it before.

When I was in Oregon last week I picked up a copy of Supernaturally, the sequel. And I liked it it, truly. There were some seriously funny moments, and the banter was awesome. Kiersten (whose blog I follow religiously because it guarantees me laughs) has a way with dialogue. The story follows Evie after she finds out she's an Empty One, a soul sucker. She's trying to balance a "normal" human life, a boyfriend, and working at the paranormal diner when IPCA comes back into her life asking for her to take on regular assignments. That being said, I was a little disappointed not to see more development in the character of Lend (hot stuff boyfriend). Jack, the human faerie slave was an interesting character, and I was overjoyed when Evie smacked him.

I will definitely be reading Endlessly... as soon as it comes out in paperback because I've bought waaaay too many books lately.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars
Up Next: The Selection by Kiera Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment