Saturday, August 18, 2012

City of Glass

Yesterday I was very frustrated with people. Not because they were doing anything particular, but because they kept coming into the store when I was 50 pages away from finishing City of Glass. I was a little disappointed with the beginning of this book, for it seemed a bit slower than the others. But it picked right up once I got into the meat of it.

City of Glass follows Clary, Jace, Alec, Isabelle, and Simon as they travel to the Shadowhunter country of Idris, specifically the capitol of Alicante. They are trying dually to stop the evil Valentine from finding the last Mortal Instrument which would make him ridiculously powerful, as well as trying to find a cure for the self-imposed coma Clary's mother is in.

What I enjoyed about this book was there were large revelations. City of Ashes lacked these. As always the writing of Clare's world is beautiful and I could picture it all. But I thought the revelations were treated more calmly than was realistic. But then again, that may be because I like my characters to scream and throw things!

Up next: Love Story by Jennifer Echols. It has a creative writing major and a horse farm, both very dear to my heart.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment