Thursday, August 2, 2012

Almost There

Yesterday I had every intention of spending the day at home and writing, for I am tantalizingly close to finishing the first draft of Balancing Act. There is perhaps 20k to go, and I have all of it outlined. Instead I ended up writing for a while, then going horseback riding. This was not very productive for my WIP, but it certainly was fun.

I wish!
It's odd to think that I've almost finished writing my third book. After I finish the first draft I plan on setting it aside for a little while, spending more time with my family, and returning to querying Griffin's Song. I'll admit I stopped for a while there because I could never get the right tone to my query. But with the first draft nearing completion, I feel more secure in spending hours fiddling with 250 words for agents.

That's all I have for you today. I exhausted myself yesterday with horseback riding and a long walk on the beach. Now off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment