Monday, July 9, 2012

Reminiscence

For the first time since I wrote it for 2011 NaNoWriMo, I opened up Wind Chaser to do some actual editing. At first I was just planning to reformat the document. It was early in the morning and I didn't have much time before leaving for work. But as I went through it, I began to tweak little things I saw - typos or a forgotten comma. And then I began to read.

Long story short, I began editing Wind Chaser. Griffin's Song has been lain aside while I'm trying to develop a kick butt query, but I can't describe how good it felt to be back in Sarah's head. While I've been having a wonderful time developing Callie and getting to know her strengths and weaknesses, it's nice to return to something familiar.

I will be returning to Balancing Act within a couple days, but in the meantime it's nice to travel back to that first duology where I spread my wings as a writer and actually completed a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment