Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Paranormalcy

Well, I am now ensconced in my hotel room, rather wet since it was pouring down rain in the Big Apple today. Fortunately, being a Washingtonian, this did not deter me. I got a slice of real NYC pizza, saw Time Square, the theater in which I'll be seeing Wicked soon, and many a hot dog vendor.
Retrieved from Goodreads

But before I could enjoy the muggy skyscraper canyon that is NYC, I had to enjoy the plane ride. Over five hours long, I had plenty of time to read. I read Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I've been following her blog for a while, but had yet to read her novel. I'm glad I did it that way because I could hear her voice from the first page.

Paranormalcy tells the story of Evie, an employee of the International Paranormal Containment Agency since the age of eight. After she captures a strange paranormal boy named Lend who can wear the face of anyone, she begins to discover secrets about the actual paranormal world. And it's bad. Paranormals are dying at a staggering rate, and somehow it's connected with the wily faeries and Evie herself.

I will definitely be picking up Supernaturally when I get home, mostly because of the voice. It just makes me laugh. Which is awesome. So, don't look at this novel with jaded "OMG not Another Paranormal Romance." Try it. It be funny.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment