Sunday, June 17, 2012

Recap

I apologize for falling off the map there for almost a week. I was planning on posting another book review before I left New York, but didn't have time to finish The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson. However, there are still 3 hours left on the plane in which I can get some reading done, so I may have something for you tomorrow or the next day.

That's right, I'm posting this from over 10,000 feet up. I am over halfway through The Morning Gift, and didn't want to spend the rest of the flight with nothing to read since I know I'll devour it like the rest of Ibbotson's books.

New York was AMAZING. I haven't spent a lot of time on the East Coast, and it was certainly eye opening. As my regular readers are aware, I hope to enter the publishing world, if not as an author, then as an editor or publisher. Which means it is more than likely I'll end up in New York. And even just as a tourist I felt competitive. For a spot on the subway. For a reservation. For anything where it was possible to get ahead.

Of course, that wasn't the point of this trip. My family and I did all the touristy stuff, from the Statue of Liberty to Rockefeller Center to the Empire State Building. I even ate a hot dog from a cart, going against my code of hygiene. Perhaps I'll post pictures later on. Oh, and I saw Jim Parsons in Harvey. I'd swoon right now, but it might alarm the passengers around me.

And, best of all, my imagination is all revved up again. I went to the Met this morning and examined a collection of medieval armor. It was awesome. I will definitely be including some of the stuff I saw in Water and Fire, once I'm done with my new ideas for Balancing Act.

More on that later, though. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment