Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New In The Life

The sun has been shining over the Pacific Northwest for a good four days now. And today looks like it won't disappoint. It's even reached the 80s yesterday, and has been getting light around 4:30 in the morning. How do I know this, you ask? Great question. The answer? Not so great. The day the sun came out was the day I got sick. My roommate had been sick all week, and had kindly been staying at home so I wouldn't catch the bug. Whenever she was in our room, she was spraying lysol *everywhere*. But that stuff was no match for my terrible immune system.

I spent the weekend medicating to get rid of sinus headaches, while going around with family for Mother's Day, and seeing friends who have finished school on the east coast. And, just as I thought I was getting better, the cough hit.

Sunday night I coughed so much that within a few hours my throat was raw and my voice disappearing. Despite taking NyQuil, I woke up at 4:30 and could not go back to sleep. I haven't slept the night through since Thursday. But I seem to be on the mend now.

This week I have a lot to do, what with registering for classes for next year, a midterm, a book to read, a huge oceanography assignment, and sun to enjoy. I am going to try my darndest to write this week, but the chances aren't great.

My 1 year blogoversary is coming up fast! Enjoy the sun while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment