Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kristin Cashore Signing

It just struck me last night how many book signings I've gone to in the past year. By year I'm referring to school year because my mind works from September to June, and then it takes a hiatus for a couple months. Since my freshman year started I've seen: Tamora Pierce, Christopher Paolini, Stephanie Perkins, and Kristin Cashore. Before that I went to see Debbie Macomber with my mom.

I absolutely love these things. Tamora Pierce was amazing because she is my idol and I got a front row seat. Christopher Paolini was incredible because the library was so packed they had to put up a projector in another room so overflow people could see a broadcast of what he was saying in the main room. And people dressed up. Which is awesome. Stephanie Perkins was hilarious, and Kristin Cashore was interesting.

Last night she showed us her journals where she writes her books by hand. These include encouraging notes such as "This is terrible." She also read a few pages from Bitterblue, of which I am now in possession. There was also a small fire somewhere nearby because the whole room reeked of smoke until about half-way through the talk. I was brave enough to ask a question again. I must be getting better at these things. I wish I could go back in time and not be so nervous around Tamora Pierce. I didn't get a chance to tell her that she was one of the reasons I wanted to write from such a young age.

In a nutshell, last night was amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so fun that you've been able to go to all those readings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's been amazing! I love living in a state where a lot of authors go for their tours. So far no news on Veronica Roth coming here yet, though :(

    ReplyDelete