Monday, May 7, 2012

Insurgent

Hey, guys, sorry I've been missing in action. There hasn't been much to blog about around here. It's been a quiet week, filled with watching How I Met Your Mother, writing papers, and reading books. Which brings us to the topic of today's post: Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

I've been waiting for this book to come out for months. I read Divergent back in January when we had snow days at school. Since then I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the sequel, as well as Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore, but more on that later.

Insurgent was great. In my opinion it was not as great as Divergent, but it would be hard to pull off so much bad-assery twice in a row. The ending still had my heart a pounding and the cliffhanger made me want to scream. There was a lot of political stuff and some sad revelations. Romance was more prominent in this one, and I don't just mean between Tobias and Tris.

If you've read Divergent, pick up Insurgent. It is definitely not a sophomore slump.

2 comments:

  1. I've really gotta get to Divergent on my TBR list! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to read it! It's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete