Saturday, May 19, 2012

1 Year Blogoversary

One year ago today was my first post on this blog. Back then I had written only one book, and had no idea how the literary world worked. I had no conception of how to find an agent, or the amazing group of people I would find. At that point I was a high school senior who had written a novel for a final school project, and had edited it a few times.

Back then Griffin's Song was titled Deceptor, and was told from only one point of view. At that point I had no critique partner, and thought getting published would happen within the year.

When I started this blog I was shy about what I wrote. I didn't want to seem overbearing or like a know-it-all. I have learned so much in this past year. I wrote Wind Chaser, and started and stopped several writing projects. I started college, and made friends. I took history and writing classes and fell in love with learning all over again. I read so much I had to get glasses (which are awesome, btw). I grew up a lot this year.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for being with me on this journey. It certainly isn't over, but knowing there are people out there who are interested and care in what I am doing, helps me through the days when I wonder why I write at all. Thank you, every single one of you. And have a piece of cake on me:
                                          

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heather! Both on the blogoversary, and the amazing growth you've gone through writing-wise the last year. (There's so much to learn, eh? When I first jumped in to the publishing world with the moth guide my expectations were much like yours - boy, did that change fast!) Hope you continue to write and learn and have fun this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Heather. Well done.
    DS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much to both of you! And, Seabrooke, there is an insane amount to learn. And since I'd like to go into publishing as a career after college, I feel like I've learned a great deal ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete