Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm Impressed

I can't imagine writing a middle grade novel or a children's picture book. One of my friends wrote one for her senior project last year. She attended meetings and went through massive revisions. Because there's so much you have to impart into such a small amount of space. I mean, you need to get across a moral, while still being fun and lighthearted.

I don't think I could do it. I like being dark and sarcastic. So this post is just to say how much I respect those adults who write for younger children. Especially those who wrote the Secrets of Droon and The Magic Tree House series'. I absolutely loved them as a child.

Keep up the good work!

What was your favorite middle grade/picture book as a child?

1 comment:

  1. So true! Not to mention, middle grade was even longer ago than high school and so harder to remember what it was like.

    I'm not sure if I had a favourite MG book growing up. I remember a lot of titles with affection, but couldn't even tell you the main character's name, much less the plot. It wasn't till I discovered Anne McCaffrey's Pern series in grade nine that I remember any books sticking out above the rest.

    ReplyDelete