Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yet Another Hunger Games Post

To say I was pleasantly surprised by this movie would be an understatement. For once I can honestly say that the movie very closely followed the book. Better, it expanded on areas that hadn't been before, due to the limited POV with Katniss. We got to see the Gamemaker's Headquarters, how President Snow understood the games, and how Haymitch lobbied to get sponsors. It was fantastic.

And Effie. Oh the woman who played her was spot on. I laughed more with Effie than with any other character. Well... I guess I laughed more at Effie.

The only problem I had with it was the filming. It was rather shaky and there were points in action sequences where the camera wasn't focused on anything so the viewer had no idea what was going on. Otherwise, though,  I loved it.

I promise to be back tomorrow with book talk. I've been soaking up the few rays of sun we've gotten here in Washington, and hanging out with friends who go to school out of state.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Hunger Games! I'm hoping to be able to see it soon, myself (living an hour away from the nearest theatre makes it a bit of an outing). Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to see it soon, Seabrooke! If you're prone to motion sickness though, beware. Kristin Cashore said on her blog that she actually had to leave after the first hour and a half because she was getting nauseous. However, I loved the characters and the show not tell attitude of the movie.

    ReplyDelete