Friday, March 30, 2012

Specials

A couple days ago I purchased Specials by Scott Westerfeld, completing the trilogy of the Uglies series. I'll admit upfront that I went into the book with lower expectations. I hadn't liked the second book in the series as much as the first, but I am glad I took the time to read this book.

I may have felt sad at times, but there were moments where I thought, "This is really good writing." This is because it made me think. There were sentences with subtext, and I loved it, and would highly recommend the series if you haven't read it.

Tally Youngblood has been ugly, pretty, and now even her bones have been changed to make her Special. But not just special, I mean cruel-special. She's part of an elite group of law-enforcers whose purpose in life is to bring down the New Smoke, a rebel group trying to stop people from being stupid. Tally can now remember her whole life, even the days when she was part of the Smoke, but it's all so random it repulses her. But that doesn't matter, because she's Special, equipped in every sense to solve problems.

If you haven't - read it. If you have - reread it.

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment