Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm Baaaack

Finals are over. Thank Goodness. Yesterday was a mess. I had a final in the morning, then a final two hours later, which should have been spent studying or napping. But instead I walked around in the rain, soaking my shoes, trying to find a manila envelope to put my English portfolio in. Finally found one for 35 cents in the University bookstore. To make a long story short, I had an exhausting day. But enough of that! The quarter is OVER.

Earlier in the week I was tagged by Seabrooke to participate in the Lucky 7 Meme, which means a writing themed post instead of me complaining about how much I have to read for class.

The Rules:
    1.  Go to page 77 of your current MS
    2. Go to line 7
    3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are written - no cheating!
    4. Tag 7 other writers
    5. Let them know
I tag: Monica and Nick! The rest of the blogs I follow are agents, book reviews, or published authors.

My current MS is Griffin's Song, so I'll post that:

wondered if it was taken in a raid, or was a god’s symbol. Might we worship the same gods? she thought, startled. It shouldn’t have been unexpected, the idea that pirates genuflected and prayed as normal people did. I wonder what else we have in common, Sarah mused. The moment of connect was brief however, and Tiras broke it by leaving her to take a respite in his cabin.

There you have it, then! A little sneak peak at Sarah's life aboard the pirate ship. 


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear exams are behind you, and thanks for sharing the snippet. I'm a sucker for stories with tall ships and pirates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite moments in the MS. :) I still want to know the truth about that gold chain....

    Glad your quarter's over. :) When does the next one start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both liked it :) And Seabrooke, you'll find out about the gold chain in Wind Chaser! My next quarter starts on 26th. I plan on using every minute till then to relax and read/write/edit/drink too much coffee.

    ReplyDelete