Friday, March 2, 2012

How Do You Procrastinate?

In the spirit of Hell Week and Finals Week I'm posting all the ways I procrastinate. Perhaps it will help me forgo the temptation when it's imperative that I study. It's doubtful, but a girl can hope. I also encourage you to write down the ways you procrastinate, to see how numerous they are.
  • Dearblankpleaseblank: I am a slave to the internet, like most of my generation. I go here for humor,and it always makes me feel more contented and happy. However I can spend hours there, which is bad. Bad Heather.
  • Attack of the Cute: If you saw my post about bunny pigs, you already know I'm a sucker for fluffy animals. I also share this love with one of my closest friends who now lives across the country. We are constantly sending each other links to start of hours long conversations. Bad Heather.
  • Play online games: I'll admit, I played Farmville on Facebook. I've also played Cafeworld and a type of solitaire game on coldtomatoes. In the latter I have only won once. It's maddening. Bad Heather.
  • When I procrastinate on homework, I work on my books. When I procrastinate on my books, I either read or do homework. I see this as a win win, because either way things get done.
  • Finally, and most importantly, I play minesweeper, advanced level. On my laptop alone I've played 14,378 games, and won 163. Baaaad Heather.
How do you procrastinate?

2 comments:

  1. Heehee. I love the Minesweeper one. I used to play games a fair bit, and I recall Minesweeper being a favourite back in university. Mostly now I just play Lexulous, an online version of Scrabble, with my mom.

    I have two procrastination techniques: I putz around the internet (I've gotten very good at this); and I read my book (especially effective when I'm getting near the end and I decide to allow myself just to finish it in one fell swoop).

    If I'm on a role with my writing, I may also use that in lieu of a book - decide to write until I reach the end of the scene or whatever I've got cued up. That one, at least, I feel has some long-term career value. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YouTube. Oh... it's bad. Sucks your life away. One minute you're researching something for a book, the next minute... wait... it's been an hour! Where did my minute go?!?

    Yeah.

    ReplyDelete