Thursday, March 8, 2012

Better Than a Jolt of Caffeine

There's nothing like waking up to a bright room thinking you've slept through your alarm. Which I have never done. But apparently my sleeping self forgot that I don't have special shades in my dorm to block out the sunlight. So I woke up in a frenzy thinking I'd slept late, and had missed being able to turn in my final paper at 10:30, which the teacher had said specifically wouldn't be accepted after 10:35, and I was going to fail the class and flunk out of college.

Needless to say, after I saw it was 7:30, I had a hard time falling back to sleep. But my entire night was like that, filled with dreams about trying to do jobs I didn't know how to do. Sort of like that one where you're on stage and you realize you don't know any of the lines.

It wasn't a peaceful night.

A baby elephant walking through a muddy stream with its ears sticking out.
Everyone needs an elephant to start the day!
But some good news does come out of all of this! I finished my huge research paper, complete with footnotes and bibliography. Since I'd never used footnotes before, it was an interesting experience. And I found I like footnotes. They take up space at the bottom of the page.

So this weekend I can go to the coast to work with a slightly less loaded down brain, and study for finals and prepare my portfolio. Yay!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Love that observation about footnotes. Hope you have a productive weekend!

    And, unrelated, I tagged you in a meme on my blog. Writing-related, kinda fun. :)

    ReplyDelete