Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bad News, Good News

Well I'm just going to get the bad news over with first. It's not so depressing, just disappointing. The quarter-finalists for the Amazon contest were announced today, and I'm not one of them.

On to the good news! I'm doing much better in grades than I expected to, considering how difficult this quarter was. I'm only waiting on one more grade, then I'll know. Let's see, I'm also going to New York for a few days this summer to see a play starring Jim Parsons *squeal!* And I think I'm going to do a bit of editing on Griffin's Song and start querying agents. Even though the Amazon contest didn't want it, I'm sure someone else out there will. Speaking as a non-optimist, I feel content in this decision.

So that's my news for today! I'll see ya'll tomorrow!

*Edit* So the reviews for my excerpt in the contest were just put up, and both were very positive! So I may not have made it to the next round, but people liked the story :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, bummer on the Amazon contest. That's disappointing. But you'll get to join the query ranks, and I think in the long run that'll probably serve your career better anyway. :)

    Glad to hear the quarter's gone well for you, in the end, though! :)

    ReplyDelete