Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Belated Valentines Post

So... yeah. Yesterday was Valentines Day. A day of recognizing and reciprocating love. If you've got it. I won't whine here about how I've got no one. It's too depressing, and I know it's not true. Valentines Day just makes it feel true.

Instead I'm going to list my favorite book couples, that made me giggly with happiness:

Rose and the White Bear in East
Anna and St. Clair in Anna and the French Kiss
Hallie and Steve in This Matter of Marriage
Harry and Ginny in Harry Potter (I giggled so much when they kissed the first time)
Katniss and Peeta in The Hunger Games
Aly and Nawat in Trickster's Choise
Tris and Four in Divergent
Millie and Sam in Fools Rush In
Brian and Keeley in Irish Rebel

I know there are more, but I honestly can't remember all the books I've read. There are just too many. And I know a few of those are romance books, but I've chosen only the ones that I've read over and over because I love them so much. Irish Rebel is actually falling apart. Both characters are strong, and I love that so much.

So, when I feel like there's no love for me, I remember my books are always there. As for yesterday, I read Delirium. A book about love being a disease seemed appropriate.

Who are your favorite book couples?

2 comments:

  1. Valentine's without a Someone is a bit of a depressing affair, isn't it? For most of my university years I was single, but my best friend and housemate had a long-term partner already, and I always felt it particularly acutely at holidays and especially at Valentine's.

    Favourite literary couples... Most of the time, they're the ones whose relationship is built on a friendship, rather than one of those love-at-first-sight things. Some of mine might be:

    Jamie and Clare from Outlander
    Daine and Numair from Wild Magic
    Katsa and Po from Graceling
    Hazel and Augustus from The Fault in our Stars
    Anna and St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss
    Tris and Four from Divergent
    Wanda and Ian from The Host

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about Katsa and Po! I loved them too. And Daine and Numair. The way Pierce developed their relationship over 4 books was exquisite. By the end I was like "well that makes perfect sense" while still being :O

    And yeah, Valentines without Someone is depressing. And it marks almost a year since my last Someone left me because he was moving back to Europe. Sigh. Anyway, happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete