Monday, January 16, 2012

The Weather Outside is Frightful

But the snow is so delightful. And since I've so much work to do, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

For my four day weekend I visited my mom, worked a bit on Wings, watched TV (bad Heather, bad), and walked in the snow. Yesterday was beautiful. The stuff of movies. A couple inches deep, but thick enough to frost the ground and trees. I spent several hours just walking around campus soaking up the beauty and taking pictures. It looked like I'd just walked into Narnia.

Here is my weekly page count: 343 pages of solely history. It was a tough week. I was so stressed I even went down to my dorm's little mini mart and bought a box of donuts. The cashier gave me a dirty look. It's a downside of living in a generally health conscious city - it's hard to have comfort food with people glaring at you in line like you just kicked their puppy. Oh well, though. I got the donuts and they helped.

The hardest part of this week was not having time to read a book for pleasure. The best part was getting to see my friends who are in college out of state. I got to show them around and laugh about the good ol' days.

I promise I'll have something more profound to write about this week. It's just been crazy lately.

Last bit of news. An author I met over the summer is having her debut novel released tomorrow! Check her blog out here to learn more about it.

2 comments:

  1. Snow! :D It hardly ever snows where I live in New Zealand (although we did get it twice last year). Especially not at this time of year considering it's summer :P

    I'm about to leave you an award at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, Nick! I greatly enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete