Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back and Forward

Can you say, "crazy year"? That doesn't even begin to describe it. From graduating to getting glasses, to getting into college, to moving into a dorm, to getting tests done on my heart and working in a city 3 hours from home and going to Hawaii, it's been busy.

I apologize for not really being present on this blog through the past month. It's been a relaxing break, but that means I haven't had much to write about.

But nonetheless, here are some resolutions for the coming year:

Maintain a decent GPA:
My first quarter went splendidly, and I'd like to keep it up.
Have a healthier diet: 
I've been accused of being anorexic since I was in the 6th grade. But I've never been below or above the healthy weight for my age. But I must admit I don't eat a whole lot. And when I do eat it's not as balanced as it could be. So I want to try to fix this.
Exercise more:
Last quarter I walked a half mile to class four times a week, and there were hills and way too many stairs involved in this. Next quarter I barely have to walk a quarter mile. So I plan on going to the gym more. Not only will it keep me fit, it'll also strengthen my heart, which, due to family history, is something that is very important.
(Finally) finish editing Griffin's Song:
It's been over a year, and I want to be able to focus on new projects without feeling guilty that my first one is not complete
Write another book:
This year I wrote Wind Chaser for NaNoWriMo. I think another book for 2012 is sensible and reachable. Maybe it'll be Water Dance and Fire Crackle, maybe it'll be something else. We shall see.

What are your New Year's resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! I'm hoping to crank out first drafts of a couple WIPs in the early part of the year and then edit several other projects. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete