Thursday, January 12, 2012

3 Little Words

This week hasn't been great. I think two history classes, one of them a two hundred level, the other a three hundred level, was probably too much for a second quarter freshman. I've been slogging through reading, eating in my room, and dreading the mornings when I have to get up and go take notes until my eyes blur. Only three words have kept me going through this week.

Four Day Weekend. You see, I don't have class on Fridays, and I have Monday off, so I have four days to actually see friends, family, and catch up on all the reading I haven't been able to finish because I had to do more reading. It's complicated. But by 1:30 today I'll be done for the week!

This weekend I'm going home for a night, and I am going to spend that Kindle gift card. Thank you everyone who suggested books to me, it's a great help. I haven't been able to keep up with the latest releases this week because of all the work, and your support is priceless.

Another thing that helped this week: The Hunger Games. I'm rereading it...again. *shift eyes* I figure with the movie coming out in a couple months I need to remember everything. SQUEE I'm so excited! I'm not one for violent movies but I need to see this one. If you haven't seen the trailer, you need to.

TGIT 

2 comments:

  1. Hee. It's funny that you're rereading Hunger Games in preparation for the movie release. I'm doing the exact opposite - I really want to reread the books, but I'd rather they remain hazy in my head so I don't end up noticing all the things the movie did differently or left out. I noticed that with the Harry Potter books, it was better when I hadn't read the book in a while.

    Sounds like you've got a bit of a rough schedule this semester. You're a brave woman, taking on a third-year course in your first year! I felt with my degree the courses got a whole lot more interesting in third and fourth years... but as you found, also a lot more work. ;) Good luck with it all! And enjoy the long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm partly reading it because I'd lent them to a friend at school who then gave them back to me, and they were then the only "new" fiction books on my bookcase.

    I hope you're works are going well, and that I'll hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete