Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I hope all of you who celebrate Christmas out there had a great day and got some even better books! Tis the season for reading until your eyes blur, after all. I got some of the books I've been hoping to read and plan on spending the duration of my break ensconced on the couch.

Yesterday I started and finished Matched by Ally Condie. And I loved it. It wasn't my favorite of YA dystopian novels, but the concept was thought provoking.

Imagine a world where disease has been eradicated, we are partnered with our perfect mate, and are assigned jobs based on our skill. Everything is clean and orderly and follows patterns. Sounds great on the surface, doesn't it? It would take so much stress out of life. But then we wouldn't get to make mistakes, wouldn't get to choose. That's what this book focuses on through the eyes of Cassia Reyes.

I'd recommend it.

Today I'm tackling Stardust by Neil Gaiman before my family arrives. Have a great Monday, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment