Monday, December 12, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

You may be thinking, wow she's posting earlier than normal today. Don't get used to it. As it turns out my first and only in-class final this quarter is at 8:30am, and since I have to walk a half mile to get there, I had to get up earlier than I have all quarter.

I'm a grumpy Heather. When you look up "not a morning person" my picture is there with a signed cup of coffee reading "took you long enough."

Fun fact about me before I scurry off to prepare myself for this ghastly day: No matter how many hours of sleep I get beforehand, if I wake up earlier than 8, I am grumpy and exhausted for at least an hour. But, I can stay up till the wee hours and wake up at 8:30 and be perfectly fine.

And that, boys and girls, is an insight into the wacky little world of me. Now I'm going to go find my socks.

2 comments:

  1. That's totally me, too. Except rather than having a set time, for me it varies on the sun - I'm most well-rested when I get up 2-3 hours after the sun rises, even if I've only got like 5 hours of sleep. I could get up at 6am after 8 hours of sleep and still have to take a nap in the afternoon. And I'm most mentally alert (and productive) after the sun goes down. This means that in the winter when the sun's rising late, my schedule tends to get badly skewed toward up late and sleeping in.

    Hope the final went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...my picture's right next to yours. Good luck with the early hours!

    ReplyDelete