Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNo Beginnings

And so it begins! This is my first year doing NaNoWriMo (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's National Novel Writing Month) and I am very excited. I've been sitting on the idea for a sequel to Griffin's Song for...well since I started writing the first book. But I could always find a reason not to write it. Well of course, I should be editing the first one before jumping into the second!

But I made myself have a deadline - November 30th. Today was the beginning of NaNo, and since I only have one class today, I was able to make some serious headway. In the way of 5500 words. Woot! I'm hoping to get to 6k by bedtime (which is still pretty early considering I'm a college kid).

And I realized why I'm enjoying it so much. I'm not editing as I go on. I am not afraid to write something that is, excuse my french, shit. What matters is that I'm getting the words on the page.

I shall keep ya'll updated on my word count throughout the month, and have a wonderful night!

Are you doing NaNo? What's your NaNo book about?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, NaNo! I've jumped in, too, working on a completely new project. I haven't made nearly the progress you have today; I figured it would probably be good for me to get some actual work done, too. ;) Still, progress is progress. Awesome job, keep it up!

    What's your NaNo page/username? I'm Sanderling, if you want to look me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work on your project, and here's hoping you get to 50k! My username is GingerWrite if you want to see my progress :)

    ReplyDelete