Monday, October 17, 2011

When You Jump Up and Down

I was feeling sort of sad this evening. I had just gotten back to my dorm after a weekend at home, and was missing my folks. I know it's silly, since most college kids can't wait to escape their homes. In fact, looking back, I should be mad at my family for making me love them so much it hurts to leave.

But anyways, on to happier topics. I was lying on my bunk, listening to F.R.I.E.N.D.S and staring at an essay I should be editing, when I decided to procrastinate just a teensy bit more and check my blog feed. Since most of the blogs I follow don't post on Sundays, I figured it would only take a few minutes.

I pulled up the screen, went to blogger, and there it was. YAtopia had posted the winners of the pitch contest I blogged about a few weeks ago. My breath caught in my throat. Could it be? Could I have won? No, how silly, I chastised myself.

My heart in my throat, I clicked. Alas, I was not the winner. The winning pitch was very good, and I applaud Linsey Miller for winning. Then I scrolled back through the blog post, for it was not just a listing of the winner. No, Mandy Hubbard had posted her top six pitches, who were encouraged to send her a query letter and 5 pages. And guess whose name was there?

Mine! *insert insane happy dance with stuffed manatee*

So I thought I'd put my bit of joyous news here before going back and finishing that essay. See you all soon! And have a virtual hug, on me :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's an amazing opportunity. You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete