Friday, October 14, 2011

Extra Class!

So at the moment I am taking 17 credits at my college, mostly English courses, and one history class (which I adore). My school also has extra courses you can take through the fall quarter that, unfortunately, don't count for any credits, but are classes students have expressed interest in. These include: flirting, salsa dancing, practical welding, interviewing 101, chocolate truffles (yum), solar home design, beginning stand-up comedy, partner massage, and my personal favorite: A Guide to Getting Published.

Needless to say, when I saw that in the course catalog I jumped on it. No credit be darned, I wanted to take that class. And my wonderful parents were supportive! So for the next six weeks I will be sitting in on a 2 hour lecture by a former literary agent, listening to the pros and cons of traditional and self-publishing, how to improve a query letter, etc.

Can you say excited?!

I love college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment