Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Long Long Night

You know those scenes in books where a character tosses and turns all night while thinking/dreaming about the conflict in the story? Well I had one of those last night. Only it wasn't because I was thinking about that special guy, or debating how to overcome some obstacle the next day. No, I kept waking up because of ridiculous dreams and my dog leaping up and down from my bed.

And it always amazed me how in those novels the MC would wake up the next day, be achy and grumpy for a while, but then when the conflict escalates they can put it aside and make it through death defying climaxes a la Dan Brown.

It amazes me still, because after a night where I did, however briefly, sleep, I feel like someone has tried to glue my eyelids shut and stuffed my ears with cotton wool.

So much for my plan of packing up all my dorm equipment. I think I'll just stay in bed researching literary agencies and watching sitcoms. And make more coffee, since I've already emptied my thermos.

Quote of the day: "It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" - C. J. Cherryh

No comments:

Post a Comment