Saturday, September 24, 2011

Blue Bedding and a Giant Etch-A-Sketch

So I'm all moved in at my dorm! It was an exceptionally busy day. And hot. Very very hot. It was a bittersweet experience. On the one hand I'm leaving my childhood behind. And on the other I'm claiming my independence.

But at the moment I'm so tired I can't even get up the energy to miss home. I didn't even stay up late. There was a movie in the commons on a giant blown up screen that looked like an etch-a-sketch. My alarm clock went off at midnight because everything reset when I unplugged it. Then at 1am one of my roommates came home and finished unpacking.

Then Wake Up came at 7:30 when my other roommate left the room. After breakfast I tested the showers and set up my internet.

That's all I have for you today. It's lovely to have my own space and to be able to decide where to go when I want to. But I miss my parents and my dog. And my air conditioning, since it was 80 degrees yesterday in a building with only central air.

Have a relaxing weekend, everyone! I'm off to nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment