Friday, August 26, 2011

When Life Gets in the Way

For the first time in weeks...I did nothing literary today. Didn't read (which in alone is shocking), didn't check any of the blogs I follow, and didn't even open up my book to edit it.

Instead I woke, a little achy and tired from a bad night's sleep, and slogged through a day at work that was enjoyable but a bit rough. Whether it was the 30 pound box falling into my arms and bruising them, or ignoring the older gentlemen whose eyes linger a bit longer than is comfortable, I am just exhausted.

The good thing about working in retail, I have realized, is that you are never at a loss for character descriptions. Whether it is a caricature or a realistic portrayal, people are characters in themselves.

I am tired, and plan on spending the evening watching TV and putting my feet up. To quote Scarlet O'Hara, "After all... tomorrow is another day

No comments:

Post a Comment