Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ups and Downs

Today was a nice mixture of sad and happy. First, to get the bad part over with: I submitted a story to a writing contest and didn't make it to the finals. Boohoo, sad day. I'm not overly depressed. Short stories aren't my forte and there are hundreds of people more qualified than I am who deserve to be published in literary magazines.

Anywho, on to the happy part of the day! It may sound odd and unimportant, but I was reading a blog bulletin about a new YA boutique agency opening up, the founder having split with her agent and setting up her own firm, and I recognized the name of the agent. I was so excited because it means that I am retaining information about this business and the hundreds of literary agencies I've looked up. Hundreds. Indie's and boutiques, large agencies and small. And I'm remembering the names and reputations. Now when I hear the name Publisher's America I instantly recoil.

So, that's my story. Thank you, Bree Ogden for making my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment