Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Getting my Write On

Well it's been a hectic week to say the least. I'm putting in shifts at work 5 days a week, and feeling like a regular working Joe, minus the suit. Today is my day off, and aside from hammering out some details of college stuff (FERPA you will be the end of me) I have actually gotten the chance to write!! After work I'm normally so tired all I want to do is eat dinner then fall into bed with my stuffed manatee, Queequeg. But today I started working again on my sci-fi novel, with the help of some useful advice from my fellow writer and correspondent.

And it's going rather well. I have yet to write a new scene (probably will once I've finished writing this), but some much needed detail and clarification has been added. On the front of my other story, which sports the "that" monster as well as an excessive word count, progress is slow. While on my lunch break I pull out my computer and get through a page or two, but then my time is up.

On a happier note, I met Megan Bostic! You may have seen her blog, and her new book, Never Eighteen is debuting this winter. She gave me her card, and told me to email her if I have questions about querying or writing. Which I do aplenty. I had jelly-legs for a quarter of an hour, and was practically bouncing off the walls to tell my friends.

Overall, not a bad week.

No comments:

Post a Comment