Thursday, May 19, 2011

Starting On The Write Page

Ever since I was a little girl, asking for stories from my father, I dreamed of telling my own. I loved playing with Barbies because I could create a world that was unlike my own, and the characters did what I bid of them. Now, so many years later, my skills at telling stories have improved. In place of dolls is a keyboard. And the stories my dad and I discuss now involve the latest news bulletins instead of fairies.

I would like to think that we all start on a fresh page each day, and that each day holds a story. We just don't know the lines yet, and maybe not even the plot. Over the past year I have started to discipline my craft, although I am the first to admit that I have a lot to learn.

I hope you'll let me share with you what I've learned, and perhaps help me to learn as well. Today I am starting with a new page, and I'm hoping I can write it with flare.

No comments:

Post a Comment