Friday, May 20, 2011

Blinded By the Light

The sun was shining in the great Northwest today (I know, I was shocked too!). It was senior project presentation day, and I had to stand up in front of 20 people and talk about my book. Talk about a serious case of the jelly legs! Anyone else feel like it would be easier to split an atom than speak in public? Yes? Good.
The end of the school year is coming, and I am looking forward to a wonderful summer of work and writing. To that end, my goal is to write 1000 words per day! Sort of ambitious, but here's hoping I can do it.

One problem that I seem to continue running in to is that of lack of motivation. Here I am, with a manuscript that requires polishing, and a new story in the works, and yet I can't decide what to work on. Perhaps it's the sun messing with my mind. Seems reasonable, considering we only see it a handful of times per year.

Ah well, I suppose it's time to stuff my laziness in the box at the back of the closet and get to work. Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment